Monday, April 5, 2010

Contest Announcement

Today I want to announce a new contest that I'm hosting in honor of the release of my next "Weddings by Bella" book, "It Had to Be You." This is the third and final book in the Bella series. It was tough to write because I knew I'd be saying goodbye to Bella, D.J., Rosa, Laz and those silly sequined ladies from Splendora once I wrote that last line. An interesting thing happened as I penned the book--the story took a bit of a turn. Yes, it's still light-hearted, but there are some really tender and deep moments, too.

Oh, what a lovely ride it's been, spending time with the Rossi clan. And how fun, to get to know so many new readers! I don't think I've ever seen the kind of reader response that I have from these books. (Turns out, there are a few people out there who love comedy! Go figure!) In honor of the outpouring of love and support, I'd like to host a contest. It's going to end on April 15th, tax day! (Woo-hoo!) On that date, I'll be hosting a drawing to give away two copies of the book. All you have to do is leave a comment after this post, telling me your favorite scene in one of Bella's stories. I have my favorites, and I'll share them at the end. (Honestly, some scenes were such joy to write that I laughed my way through them!)

So, that's it, readers. If you want to enter the drawing to win a free copy of "It Had to be You," just leave a comment sharing your favorite scene. And while I'm thinking about it, let me thank you - all of you - for the way you've supported me as I've marketed these books. What a blessing you are!

14 Comments:

Unknown said...

I have not yet read any of the "Weddings by Bella" books, but they sound awesome, just the kind of books I like to read! I am eagerly awaiting my turn with the copy from the library! :)
I've read some of your other books, Janice. You are an amazing writer! You really draw me into the story and characters!!
God bless!
Kim
lonebanana(at)msn(dot)com

Cindy W. said...

I too have not read any of the Weddings by Bella books. I do love comedy and would love the opportunity to win this book. Please consider entering me into your contest.

Smiles & Blessings,
Cindy W.

countrybear52[at]yahoo[dot]com

Nancye said...

Like the others, I have not read your other books, although they sound wonderful. I would be pleased to be able to enter this contest.

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Kandi Young said...

I am not sure I have a favorite part, I love them all and they are both great books. Wait I do its when Bella finally puts the cowboy boots on. And my other is the Splendora sisters and them telling about their cruise.

Unknown said...

Gotta love those sequined Splendora sisters!

Pam said...

How can I choose a favorite scene? There were just so many hilarious ones but then again there were some great romantic ones too. Don't make me choose. I loved both of the books and can't wait to read the next one.

Robyn Nicole Cederstrand said...

It was very hard to pick one scene. I enjoyed both of them immensely. One particular scene that I liked was in "Swinging On A Star". I really enjoyed the scene where she makes her garlic twists for the food network. I thought it was very telling of her feelings for Laz. The fact that she was very 'nervous, only to come 'alive' when she argued with Laz to make the twists. It was very good that Bella remembered that Laz had always been arguing with her when she made them. Then when Laz kissed Rosa while the camera was still on them. Wonderful.

Denise said...

I think I just read something I shouldn't have...I had a feeling about Uncle Laz and Aunt Rosa. I should get off the computer and go back to reading Swinging on a Star. I already posted this on facebook, but I gasped and laughed out loud while reading FOOLS RUSH IN (got it right that time!). Can't wait to meet these ladies from Splendora.
randenlee2000(at)aol(dot)com

mmybell78 said...

Hi Janice! Its been awhile since I've read your books so i don't know what my favorite part is except when Bella and DJ met when she thought he was an actual dj! I also loved both their families and the parrot! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your books and want to win so badly!!! =) I loved your books so much they were too good not to pass on so my coworkers has your first two books in the bella series now!

Unknown said...

Oops! Sorry Denise!

Robyn Nicole Cederstrand said...

I'm sorry too, I forgot that someone might not have read the book.

Ash said...

I think every single scene was AMAZING!!!!! I don't think I have ever enjoyed any other group of books so much before in my life! I love all the crazy stuff that happens in everyday Rossi life! But I think my two favorite parts were when Bella first met DJ and found out he wasn't actually a deejay, that and when DJ proposed to her!!! :) <3 Ash

Sylvia M. said...

There are so many favorite scenes in these books that I can hardly choose one. If I have to choose one I think it's from "Swingin on a Star" when Laz finally comes to the realization that he loves Rosa and kisses her during the TV show. I actually started crying during that scene. It was so beautiful!

Samitude/at/hotmail/dot/com

Lydia M. said...

Oh dear, this is hard. I loved both books! One of my favorite scenes is when Bella and DJ meet. And the Splendora sisters are just hilarious. I hate that this series is ending :(

lindawn[at]hotmail[dot]com